The Mathematical Analysis group was born at the Mathematics Department “V. Volterra” of the University of Ancona (subsequently Department of Mathematical Sciences of the Marche Polytechnic University, since 2011 part of the Department of Industrial Engineering and Mathematical Sciences). Several people took part in this group in the past, among them Flaviano Battelli. Now the group consists of seven professors and researchers and two post-doc fellows, whose research interests are in the fields of ordinary and partial differential equations.
Both research and teaching activities are pursued by the group.
The teaching activity concerns courses of Calculus 1 and 2 and Mathematical Methods for the engineering degree courses in Ancona and Fermo.
The research activity covers many topics in Mathematical Analysis, in particular concerns the study of existence and multiplicity of solutions of ordinari differential equations and partial differential equations usign variational and topological methods,degree theory and dinamical systems techniques. The members of the group organize workshops and conferences.
The main areas of research are the following:
- Boundary-value problems for singular ODEs governed by non-linear F-Laplacians
- Integral unidimensional functional in the calculus of variations
- Melnikov theory for discontinuous systems
- Nonlocal problems of fractional type
- Pattern formation and evolution problem
- Sub-elliptic operators modeled on sub-Laplacians on real Lie groups
- Variational and dynamics methods for ordinary and partial differential equations
Tel. +39 071 220 4816
Tel. +39 071 220 4174